As the new year arrives more and more people of all ages are heading to the gym. Popular Diets: Paleo, Wheat Belly, Ketone Diet, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Bernstein, Elimination diet, FODMAP Diet, Gluten-Free Diets and Intermittent Fasting Diets: all have some significant health considerations:
When your thought turns to weight loss or a healthy diet here are some things to consider:
- Does the diet provide all the nutrients you need for who you are?
- Does the author of the article or book know who you are and what your health problems are and how active and healthy you already are? Keep this in mind that the author of a popular diet book you might be reading may be actually targeting very obese inactive people.
- Does the diet promote more than 2 pounds of weight loss per week?
- Does the diet eliminate one or more of the 4 food groups?
- Does the diet invent another food group, for example, a food or drink that you must have that is not a food group?
- Do they promote rituals using products they sell?
- Do they use testimonials as evidence of success in only a few cases?
- Do they claim to work for everyone?
- Is their a system in place to change exercise and eating habits long term?
- Are they critical of the medical and dietetic profession?
Have a happy healthy New Year enjoying your exercise and contact www.nutritionassessment.com for nutrition advice from someone who will learn who you are and your needs and specific goals.